Socialite Grigsby Somerset is as clueless as they come, continuing to lead a lavish life of excess while her husband Blake tries to keep afloat by entering into a deal with the devil, hedge fund owner John Cutter.
Executive assistant Renee Parker, newly hired by John Cutter, senses something is fishy at Flying Point Capital. Enlisting the aid of her friend, bond manager Sasha Silver, Renee and Sasha ferret out the inconsistencies at Flying Point while attending charity dinners and power lunches.
The Recessionistas is great fun in the tradition of novels like The First Wives Club. Pairing intelligent women against scheming men, Ms. Lebenthal has brought New York society after the crash into homes across America. She made a financial dolt like myself understand more about what causes our current economic crisis, while taking me to The Hamptons, the Cayman Islands, and the great restaurants and hotels of New York City.
On a whimsical note, I love the cover art for The Recessionistas. It's a city skyline designed with different Judith Leiber purses! How clever!
You should definitely give The Recessionistas a try, and to make that easier for someone (US & Canada only), I have a copy to give away from the great folks at Hachette Publishing Group! As always, I'll make it simple and give you several chances to win.
- Leave a comment saying you'd like to win. Be sure to include a way for me to contact you.
- Become a Follower of this blog, or of @ebogie on Twitter, or let me know you're already a follower.
- Tweet about the giveaway. You can tweet once a day!
- Leave a separate comment for each entry, for a total of 4+ entries.
- Winner will be chosen Thursday, September 16.
- Sorry, U.S. and Canada only.