This time the task is to focus on Blog Basics, which I've listed below. As always, Lisa found some great articles to help us with this and explain why certain things just work better certain ways. We don't have to do everything on the list, but I've already completed it, since I had been working on my gorgeous new Blog Design by Susan this weekend anyway!
- Write (or update) your “About Me” Page - Created it w/ new blog design. Put in several pictures, too!
- Update your contact information - Put it in more than 1 place.
- Add some sort of picture of yourself - Already had 1 in profile, as well as in many posts.
- Update your Blogroll - Removed some I never visit, added some new ones.
- Create a link to your Archives on your front page - already had it
- Add a link so readers can subscribe to your blog via RSS - already had it
- Get to work on other basic blog maintenance you’ve been meaning to do
- Select a new blog design that shows more of my personality. DONE
- Include relevant links in posts. TRYING
- Work on content that will encourage comments and return visitors. COMMENTS HAVE GONE DOWN! WASSUP, FOLKS?
- Host some giveaways. HAVE HAD 2. PARTICIPATING IN SITS SPRING FLING ON 3/3.
- Investigate ways to make money through my blog, without losing its current personality/charm. BLOGHER ADS
I'd appreciate your comments on how things look, how the new design works for you, and any THEORIES ON WHY MY COMMENTS HAVE GONE DOWN!