Friday, January 30, 2009

Sending the Love

I've done quite a lot of crafting since Christmas, and I got several things done for Valentine's Day. I already shared my LOVE garland, which I sent out for a swap, as well as the Puppy Love tags for the tag book swap.Today I have finished making Valentine cards that I will be sending out to friends and family..In keeping with my theme at Christmas, I didn't go buy anything new, I used what I already had, so some are not traditional Valentine colors.
I also used digital images of fintage cards.


I am happy with how they turned out, but some I think are better than others, of course.I made this one specifically for my aunt who is 85. It's difficult to see, but I put pink glitter dots on the ribbon of her bonnet.I've mentioned before that my dad is a train nut, so I was thrilled to find this vintage image to use on his card!For some reason, this one really appeals to me. I love the embossed green paper, and the background paper has a sheen and some little sparkles that pop out. Probably I love it because of the textures. I'm big on texture.
So that's my Finished For Friday offering this week! I wonder what everyone else at Lit & Laundry has finished. Let's go see!
Do you send Valentines? How do you decide who will receive one? Do you make your own?

15 comments:

bj said...

Your valentines are really pretty, Elizabeth...your family and friends will just love them.
I give Valentines to my grandkids..and candy...of COURSE CANDY!! And, I give a small gift and card to my Beautiful Daughter and my lovely daughter in law..
xo bj

Smilingsal said...

Morning Elizabeth. Your Valentines are special. No, I don't send any nor make any. I expect that I'll get one from Johnny.

Bridget said...

I haven't made any since my school days but this looks like fun! I might give it a go!

jeanne said...

Elizabeth, your valentines are awesome. anyone would be delighted to receive one. I like the plan to use what you have on hand. What we have on hand can get overwhelming. Too much stuff. You go girl.

I only give a card to my dh. sometimes I make it. Mostly I buy it. I wish I had time to do more but my family is HUGE. Too many to send anything but Christmas cards.

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs...Jeanne

Raggedy Girl said...

I have never thought about printing out vintage images, what a great idea. I am new at scrapbooking and blogging but I have quilted forever!
Have a Great Friday!
Roberta Anne

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Elizabeth,
You inspire me to make my cards as pretty as possible. I just love some of your ideas. Your mind must work overtime to create such lovely 'works of art.' Thanks for sharing. xxoo

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Sweet cards! Thanks for entering the Name that Puppy contest on my blog!

Justine said...

Wow, these all came out terrific, Elizabeth! What a good idea to find graphics online and print them! I don't have a crafty bone in my body. Well, maybe just a few little ones.
I never send out any kind of card besides Christmas and the occasional b-day card. I'm a loser!

Justine :o )

Threeundertwo said...

Those are so beautiful! You have a real talent for putting them together.

Thanks for joining in on Finished for Friday!

squawmama said...

Hey Elizabeth your cards are so beautiful... You're such a talented woman.... I send cards to my grandkids and daughters... And of course I give a special one to the man I love... Have a great weekend

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Steph said...

As someone who finally managed to get CHRISTMAS cards out on time for the first time in...ever, no. I don't do Valentine's. :grin:

CC said...

Your cards are just beautiful. You're a very talented lady..

Aunt Spicy said...

What a fun blog! And what beautiful valentines! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Patty said...

Your friends and family are so lucky to get these cards! I hope they all give you chocolate hearts in return.

Sig said...

I am totally impressed with your valentines. Found you at SITS :)