Friday, January 16, 2009

The Letter "R"

Justine had a great post the other day featuring 10 things she loves that start with the letter "V". I thought this was a really fun idea, and she bestowed upon me the letter "R".
READING - When I was a kid I would have 2 or 3 books going at a time and my mother would have to actually shake my shoulder to get me to focus when she was talking. I definitely can lose myself in a book!
'RITING - I love to write things that are factual, or things that are funny, such as describing an incident. I guess that's why I am loving blogging so much, I get a kick out of those readers who appreciate the research I do!
'RITHMETIC - Not really, but I am using this word to represent my love of being a teacher! I knew
I wanted to be a teacher in the first grade. Mrs. Richardson made everything so exciting and special, and I saw myself and others learning and thought how great it would be to be the one who passed on so much. That feeling just grew stronger with the other great teachers I had as I grew up.
RUBIES - They aren't my birthstone, but I love the different shades of red in rubies. I wear a lot of red, and I have garnet jewelry, but no rubies. My mom is giving all her ruby things to my niece, since it's her birthstone. Oh, well! I guess I should just get some for myself!!

RADICCHIO - Also known as chicory. Used in moderation, this bitter purple lettuce-type vegetable puts just the right bite on my salads.
RIBBON - I've always saved ribbons from packages, and lately I've started buying some to use in crafts, giving my pieces more texture. Don't these look pretty in this old canning jar?
REALITY TV - These days we all have certain favorites. I like the competition shows on Bravo, where actual skills keep them in the game. But I also enjoy the train-wreck shows that just follow a person or family, like when Danny Bonaduce had a reality show, or the ultimate in horrifying,
The Real Housewives-both Atlanta & the O.C.!
RE-DOs - I love a good makeover, whether it's personal style, restoring a car, decorating, or even taking a craft project apart and making it better.
RUDOLPH - Not the reindeer himself, I actually find him kind of annoying. But I love his TV special, especially the music. I love the elves clothing!
RICK RACK - I know it's similar to ribbon, but I love seeing the up and down squiggles trimming aprons and little girls' clothes.

13 comments:

Chris said...

I love reading about your thoughts, this is a great way to get to know our friends better. Where do I sign up??

Hugs,
Chris

Ronda's Rants said...

I appreciate all your research...
and I love that you love to teach!
Have a great weekend!

Bridget said...

Really radical 'riting "R" rocks!

Neabear said...

Fun post!! Thanks for sharing your "R's".

imjacobsmom said...

Right On! Elizabeth, you Rock! Go ahead assign me a letter....Robyn

Smilingsal said...

I like this meme. I did it with "B."

bj said...

I wanna letter, too....Please come over and leave me sweet words AND A LETTER..:O)
...love, bj

Helen said...

Your "r" words are Really Righteous and Respectable!

Justine said...

Hey, you cheated even more than me! Heeheeheeeeeeee!
Ewwwwwwwww... radiccio. Blech!!!!!!!!!!

Justine :o )

char72 said...

Interesting "R" list. Lovely white lacy pictures in the post below too.
Have a great weekend.
Charlotte

Ma'dame French said...

Interesting list and even more interesting spelling;) (lol) enjoyed your list;)French

Coloradolady said...

ok Elizebeth, I usually don't do these type of things...but I am feeling a bit on the "wild" side...if you want, you can assign me a letter!

Stacey said...

Seems like R was pretty easy for you Elizabeth. I guess I need to try radicchio..?? Is that one of the things that looks like rabbit food in the mixed salads?