Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Welcome Autumn!

Yesterday was the first day of Autumn, and I managed to hold out on my decorating like I had wanted. I usually decorate right after Labor Day, but then I am tired of the decorations long before Thanksgiving, so I decided to wait until the first day of fall. Let's start outside! Because this is a condo, I have to keep my decorations on the mulched areas. I have 2 scarecrows that are 5 feet tall, and a bunch of "funkins" aka fake pumpkins! I've bought a few each year for the past couple of years. I found buying the more expensive or better quality is worth it in this case. The funkins from Wal-Mart molded within weeks the first year, while I have others that just wipe right up when the season is over.Up by the stoop I've got a little vignette with mums, funkins, and a sign. Of course, I include my gnome, even though he is not necessarily autumnal!

The fireplace is all decked out with scarecrows, mums, and fall leaves mixed in with some of my everyday items.In the dining room I mixed the autumn elements in among the usual fare, also.I love this centerpiece because I just tossed a bunch of elements into one of my Longabergers! The white pumpkins from Wal-Mart are really nice. They are made of a dried corn husk-type material. If you aren't burned out on autumn decorations yet, stop by The Inspired Room to visit Melissa and see the almost 200 participants in Fall Nesting Week!

20 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Great decor! I am still waiting for it to get a bit cooler.

~Trish~ said...

Wow looks great!! Thank for stopping by my blog when I was featured last week :) I'm still trying to get back to everyone who commented!!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!!

Bridget said...

Autumn Schmotem, say it ain't so! Summer is not over, nooooooooo it's not!!!!! Stamping feet and going out to sit in the sun!

Joanne Kennedy said...

I've slowly been added my fall decor. Here in CA we don't really get Fall weather so it's a bit hard to try to fool yourself. But I'm trying. I'm trying.

Hugs,
Joanne

Smilingsal said...

You really did it up Brown. (I hope you're familiar with that expression.)

I especially like the way you decorate outside. I've never done that. It'd look kinda funny in FL.

I thought the plaid pumpkins on your mantle were unique.

nikkicrumpet said...

How could you ever get tired of anything that looks that great!!!

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Beautiful Elizabeth! I think we have the same pumpkin placemat ... or at least close! I haven't done much decorating for Fall yet, but you know I love it alot. With Pop still in the hospital and work, I am totally spent right now. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon. xxoo

imjacobsmom said...

I just love fall and your decor is so cute! I like how you have your mantle displayed and that cute platter in your corner shelf. And of course, who can go wrong with scarecrows. I need to get some of the "funkins", too. ~ Robyn

Aubrey said...

I love fall! I just started putting a few things up. I figure if I do it in stages, by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, I won't be so tired of it all!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jill Scott said...

I'm just starting on my fall decorating too. Fall is my favorite season and I'm having so much much. By the way, I'm a former sixth grade teacher too (before kids). Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Justine said...

Last night I tried and tried to leave a comment, and blogger wouldn't let me. Drove me bonkers I tell you!

Anyway, your home looks so cozy and autumn-like. I just love it. All I have is a vinyl tablecloth with fall leaves and pumpkins, a leaf shaped place mat and a pumpkin/gourd salt and pepper shaker. I suck!

Justine :o )

Justine said...

I put your birthday giveaway button on my blog!

Justine :o )

Karla @ Ramblin' Roads said...

Very cute decor!

I posted your giveaway button on the sidebar, and I also blogged about it at Another Road to Ramble.

Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life said...

Love your blog title!!

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog Monday...being saucy was a lot of fun!!

Jewelgirl said...

You did a wonderful job decorating
I love it all!

Patty said...

I love all the pumpkins! Now, please come to my house and decorate it for Fall. :)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Lovely fall decor! I am so glad that you shared them for Fall Nesting @ The Inspired Room! I'm enjoying each and every one of the nearly 200 posts (slowly but surely!)

Fall blessings,
Melissa

queenoftheclick said...

Now that is one charming house!

Is there some place on your blog where you explained how bone marrow is given? Is it painful to give it?

Lisa said...

I really like the pumpkin mat.