Friday, August 29, 2008

Kickin' It!

The blog awards poured in the windows here yesterday! Carolyn from Harbor Hon has bestowed two awards on me! The first is the Diamond Award. Personally, I would call myself more of a diamond in the rough! I was just thinking of something else funny to write about diamonds, and then I realized that I sure don't want to be a pearl, which is essentially a tumor!
The second award from Carolyn is the Kick @$$ Blogger Award, and I do think I kick it sometimes, so I'm thrilled to be acknowledged with this one! Interestingly, yesterday I was wearing a t-shirt with dancing cowboy boots that says "Kickin' It!" Is that creepy, or intriguing? This award is actually a little club, with a Mr. Linky to the almost 500 people who have received it. Go check them out!
Carolyn is a very interesting blogger, writing about life in Baltimore, interesting stories she's heard, and funny incidents in her workplace. As a person who has never worked in the corporate world, I really love these work stories, and as a geography teacher I love reading about Baltimore culture! Give her a visit!
Justine took some time this week to create her own award. The Rainbow Award is for blogs that make her smile. In explaining her creative rationale, Justine writes, "One of the very best things that has come out of blogging has been getting to know so many beautiful and funny people that have touched my life in one way or another. All of you are so different and that's part of the charm. Every morning I wake up and get to read your latest stories of life where you live. I get to learn what's most important to you, what makes you feel good, and sometimes even what makes you feel bad. When one of you goes on vacation, I get to experience it through your blog and pictures. When one of you is hurting I take a moment to pray for you and then think of you often until your storm has passed."
I think she expressed the thoughts of many of us so beautifully. Visit Justine to read more about her feelings about the blog world, her family, and her beauty secrets such as facial peels! She is also a great cook and is a finalist in the SITS Best Recipe Contest. The voting closes tomorrow, Saturday, so get on over and read her recipe and vote!
I want to remind everyone that this Sunday, 8/31, is the 4th Annual Blog Day. With this being a busy weekend, even if you can't visit on Sunday, take time next week once the kids are in school, to explore! BlogDay was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors. With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. This way, all blog readers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs.
Blog Day 2008
Back to the Kickin' Blogger Award. There are many different criteria that can be used to pass this award on. I have a few people I'd like to acknowledge with it and for you to get to know, although I bet you know some of them already! I am only picking a few, all whom I've never given awards to in the past; they all Kick a$$!
Becky's Book Reviews is a place I visit daily. Becky maintains several book blogs and updates all of them almost daily! She gives away great books, and I have never been steered wrong by one of her reviews! She kicks it with her amazing range of readings, and easy to read reviews. If you're looking for something to read, check her out! She just had her 2 year blogoversary.
Nikki created her Blah, Blah, Blah, blog only a couple of months ago. The thing about her blog that stands out to me is the quality of her writing and her creativity. She shares daily life, decorating ideas, and funny stories about her family and dogs.
Gollum, from Designs by Gollum has brought gallons of home decorating joy to so many of us fleeing RMS! Her writing is informative, the themes are interesting, and she gets so many people involved by sharing their rooms!
Back to Justine! She is awesome, as I wrote above, so of course she needs this award too!

Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend, folks! Don't forget Sunday is Blog Day, and I will also be making a special announcement that day!

7 comments:

Smilingsal said...

Congratulations on all of your awards!

I visited Justine last night and read all of the wonderful things she had to say about you and the other bloggers who received her original award.

nikkicrumpet said...

Wow they did pour in the windows! And rightly so. THANK YOU THANK YOU for thinking I'm kick a@@ at anything lol. I really appreciate you honoring me that way!! COOL I'm gonna go around all day feeling pretty dang TOUGH! Thanks again!

Justine said...

{{{{{{{{{{{Elizabeth}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Thank you so much! Ooh girl, I am so excited to have this "kick ass" blog award!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee! I hope you don't mind, but I may wait a few days to post about it, because I want people to be able to see the post I put up just last night. Is that okay? I really do love it and am so excited to have it. And thank you for the wonderful things you wrote about me!

Justine :o )

Philly said...

Blog Day? Didn't know such a day existed !!

#1

Gollum said...

Elizabeth, thank you so much for this honor. Right back at ya, baby! I'm crazy about your blog; it definitely kicks it up a notch, in the blog world, as Emeril would say.Hope you have a great weekend.

Liz said...

Hi Elizabeth! I'm so glad you came by and posted. Charm School is all weekend! Till Monday night. So if you still want to I hope you will post and link! At any rate your name is in the pot since you commented. Good Luck!

Congrats on all of your major awards! : )
~~Liz~~

Carolyn (sea mystery) said...

Elizabeth, you are so welcome for the awards. I love coming here and checking out all the fun and interesting ideas and blogs that you post about and feel like I'm the lucky one to have found you. You're one of my favorites, hon! xxoo